December 29, 2016.
Option 1: You may dispose of your tree as part of your normal garbage disposal service if you follow these steps:
• Remove all objects from your tree including stands.
• Cut your tree into three or four sections and place in your green waste container. Your tree must fit completely.
• Observe your regular scheduled pickup times and dates.
• Do not place trees on the curb or in the street. Only trees fully contained in a green waste container will be picked up.
• For more information, please contact Gilton Solid Waste at 527- 3781.
Option 2: The Escalon Fire District with help from Escalon Kiwanis and Key Club, will pick up trees on Saturday, January 7, 2017. Just place your tree in the street near the curb by 8:00 a.m. Be sure that all ornaments and tinsel are removed from the tree. For more information you may call 838-7500.